CHICAGO – Celebrating Earth Day, the National Restaurant Association highlights its Conserve Team and program, an educational resource for restaurant operators, chefs, and employees looking to improve their environmental footprint and implement cost-cutting solutions.
The team consists of Laura Abshire, the NRA’s Director of Sustainability and Government Affairs, and Jeff Clark, Program Director, who will be at the annual May NRA Show at McCormick Place in Booth #581 in the Conserve Solutions Center. Eight educational programs on sustainability are planned during the Show –
· True Tales of Unexpected Triumph: The Bumpy Path to Sustainability (Saturday, May 16, 11:30 AM)
· Why Focusing on the Planet and People Builds Profits: Industry Movers and Shakers Explain (Sunday, May 17, 10 AM )
· Tales from the Trenches: Sustainability and the Gritty Side to Savings (Sunday, May 17, 1 PM)
· “When in Doubt, Throw it Out” Isn’t Cutting it: Identify & Slash Food Waste (Monday, May 18, 11:30 AM)
· Savvy Chefs Leading Sustainable Change (Tuesday, May 19, 10 AM)
The full list of education, FOODamental, and World Culinary Showcase cooking sessions can be found at https://ww4.aievolution.com/nra1501/index.cfm?do=cnt.page&pg=1007