Enjoy 5 desserts and benefit Boston Bakes for Breast Cancer
BRIGHTON, MA – There’s nothing better than a dessert, except when you can have five desserts and also benefit Boston Bakes for Breast Cancer! July brings a 5-course tasting event, the 4th annual Sugar Rush, on Sunday, July 16 and Monday, July 17 at Rail Stop in Brighton when top area pastry chefs will serve up delicious treats.
Conceived several years ago by Jaime Davis Schick, an instructor at Johnson & Wales University in Providence, Rhode Island, as well as pastry chef at newly opened Rail Stop, Sugar Rush began as an evening for pastry chefs to come together and celebrate each other. “While almost everyone loves dessert, sometimes this last course to a meal is an afterthought,” says Schick. “I thought it would be fun to share an evening with my peers where dessert was the highlight – the only item on the menu,” adds Jaime. “And this year, we’ll donate the proceeds from each of the five-course tasting menus to Bakes for Breast Cancer which raises funds for breast cancer research through dessert-oriented events.”
The pastry chefs who will share their inspiration and techniques behind their sweet concoctions are:
Sunday, July 16, 2017 Monday, July 17, 2017
* Katie Hamilburg, 80 Thoreau * Linnea Blake, Eastern Standard/Island Creek
* Shaun Velez, Deuxave * Valerie Nin, Grill 23
* Stacy Mirabello, Johnson & Wales * Joshua Livsey, Harvest
* Jesse Jackson III, No 9 Park * Jaime Davis Schick, Johnson & Wales & Rail Stop
* Craig Williams, Williams Family Baking Co. * Keri Anderson Pastry Chef
Sugar Rush: Dessert Tasting Rail Stop
Sunday, July 16, and Monday, July 17, 2017 96 Guest Street, Brighton, MA
6 pm Brighton, MA
$60 pp/per evening
Optional Cocktail Paring: $25*pp/per evening
Gratuities are not included in prices
* Must be over 21 years old. Must be purchased with the Sugar Rush Dessert Event and cannot be sold alone.
For tickets and menu highlights, visit: sugarrush2017.eventbrite.com.